Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3
Optimum nutrition for healthy birds and nutritious eggs with the Oyster Strong® System for strong shells.
Purina® Oyster Strong® System with oyster shell provides another source of calcium when the hens need it most. Oyster shell is a larger particle size than limestone. This means that oyster shell will stay in the digestive tract longer and will provide a source of calcium for egg shell production over a longer period of time than smaller particle sources of calcium. This is especially important at night when egg shell formation is rapidly occurring and dietary sources of calcium are limited because the bird is not eating.
- A 16%-protein high-calcium ration fortified with Omega-3 rich flaxseed oil formulated for top-producing laying hens once they reach 18 weeks of age
- Vegetarian formula without added antibiotics or hormones
- Enhanced vitamin E for healthy birds & wholesome eggs
- Complete feed – no oyster shell or grit required
- 250mg Omega-3 per egg*
*When fed a diet of Layena® Plus Omega-3 exclusively for at least 3 weeks. Based on large egg (50g). Results may vary with factors such as total diet and hen health. Compared to a typical egg that contains 65mg Omega-3 fatty acids.
Formulated to produce 250mg Omega-3 per large egg
More Omega-3 in your diet
Vegetarian formula without added antibiotics or hormones
Peace-of-mind – feed your birds like you feed your family
Strong healthy birds lay plenty of wholesome eggs
Nutrient: Min / Max : Amount
Crude Protein : MIN : 16.00 %
Lysine : MIN : 0.7 %
Crude Fat : MIN : 3.50 %
Calcium (Ca) : MIN : 3.25 %
Calcium (Ca) : MAX : 4.25 %
Phosphorus (P) : MIN : 0.45 %
Vitamin A : MIN : 3000 IU/LB
Vitamin D3 : MIN : 1000 IU/LB
Vitamin E : MIN : 70 IU/LB
Manganese (Mn) : MIN : 100.00 PPM
Methionine : MIN : 0.3 %
Salt (NaCl) : MIN : 0.20 %
Salt (NaCl) : MAX : 0.70 %
Omega-3 Fatty Acids : MIN : 1.00 %
Phytase (A. Oryzae) : MIN : 227 FYT/lb
- Feed Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and show and ornamentals) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets are best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets should only be fed to chickens that are laying eggs.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.